I’ve had my air fryer for a few years now and use it almost daily! It is a quicker way to cook or reheat your food and doesn’t require the use of oil like normal fryers. I have recently started playing around with some new recipes using my air fryer. My new favorite and go-to recipe is air fried tofu. It is simple to make and is great to throw on top of some greens to spruce up your salads.
What you’ll need:
- Remove tofu from package & squeeze out excess liquid (the drier the better)
- Cut tofu into small cubes
- Add seasoning of your choice – I like to add onion & garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, Cajun and/or turmeric depending on what I am putting the tofu on. Sometimes I’ll also add a little soy sauce, liquid smoke and/or maple syrup.
- Mix the tofu and seasoning up real nice 😉 – if time is on your side, let it sit for a little while to soak up the seasoning… if not, don’t fret, it will still taste good!
- Dump the tofu into the air fryer, set the temperature to 350 degrees and the timer to 10 minutes. These are approximately temp & time settings, it may vary by air fryer. Start with a lower temp and less time… you can always increase both if needed. For crunchier tofu, cook for the last few minutes at the highest temp available.
And… guess what? It is that easy!
- Throw it on a salad, in a stir fry, in a tortilla shell ow whatever else your heart desires!